Thursday, January 25, 2007








































The turtle is telling me it's time for another holidays to happen, soon as every other cunt goes back to work/ school that is. In thge meantime I sometimes do "art", some might not like what I produce, sometimes I don't. Any way sometime I draw, make knives or furniture, sometimes ( and preferably), with secret compartments.

This fella, 'turty', came from the Exmouth Gulf, as flotsam on the shore. (Not quite a BMW but it'll do for a find). He, (or she), thought that it was knock off time and layed down for a bit. Maybe a shark, who knows.

So did the top (horns) half of 'munch' on the wall, 'cept he had a accident with a bit of lead I was driving. (38 inches tip to tip spread).

Now it's time to get happening again, recycling A La Rackorf.

I can see ol' 'turty' here sitting at the top of a six foot (metal) spine with ribs, sort of skeletal I s'pose, as a room lamp. (Mind you, the accesseries will add the final touch - good set of fangs(shiny white metal), arms and legs with claws, climbing up the corner of a room, looking over his shoulder).

Ol 'Munch' is a figment of circumstantial bits, that seemed to go together and need a background. At present he has got a castle entrance to his left shoulder and the wall up to the rear...
I have a few limitations, (space and time - over one wall with chalk), but wonder - what is in the background apart from the castle?
Is it a battle, a forest, a mountain range, or what?

I have my ideas, but if there are any showstoppers that I can draw, maybe they will appear.

12 Comments:

Blogger little things said...

The images sound interesting, but they are dark and I can't see them.
Is it just my computer?!?

6:07 AM  
Blogger rackorf said...

They are a bit dark, I didn't want full light or a flash, I can make them out a bit on my screen but I might have to try them again with more light.

12:53 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

I'm impressed with your art work. do you have more? I'm interested in the furniture making too.(Esp. the idea of hidden drawers, it sounds so freudian) I do absract oil painting, myself. I've put a lot of it on my blog but that's been eons ago & months since i've painted anything.

10:45 AM  
Blogger rackorf said...

I like oils myself, mainly due to finding a big box of them at the local tip, (sadly they are nearly gone). I also like pencil drawings and have done a couple of beaut pieces. I have no photos of these pencil sketchs as I tend to give them away.
I spent several years as a furniture designer and maker, had some fun, but everyone want you to work for $5.00 ph, I tell them " If you want cheap and nasty- go to fucken Ikea you cunt" - maybe I needed a 'smiley' front end to the business.
I did a fair bit of fucking around with a forge and anvil as well, I love seeing the red leach out of the pieces as they are made and cooled.

3:45 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

my first oils came from garage sales. I kept buying them cheap until I got a collection to start with. then I connected with a shit load of free canvases. It's the only way to go. My problem is I get bored easily w/one thing. I'd like to try some different art forms like pottery, etc...but i'm not willing to put out the money for something I'll get bored w/later. Been there & done that. i have a picture in my mind to do that has been on the shelf for months, prehaps when i get back from vacation.

al;so, i know what you mean about working for nothing when it comes to art. That is why i prefer to do it for my own pleasure.

10:04 AM  
Blogger little things said...

Hey, what's wrong with cheap and nasty? Those are my favorite kind of dates, after all.
:)

9:51 AM  
Blogger rackorf said...

l>t I found that the old roll up blinds are readily found at the tip and make ideal canvasses. (Actually I sourced a lot of my art stuff from the tip - money from shit - hahahaha - as the rich tourist pays for it, fucken yuppie cunt, if only you knew)

little things - Cheap and nasty is all well and good, but is not the sort of work I do.
I have had some experience with cheap and nasty dates, it all comes down to the company as to whether they are any good. I reckon that a cheap and nasty date with you would be fun :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger little things said...

Hahaha. And I thought you hated me... ;)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

I can't see a damn thing ... all I see is something that looks like an image from The Exorcist.

What am I looking at? The art world needs to know...

I will say I'm surprised Rackorf "does" art ... you didn't seem the artistic sort.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

Oh, wait ... I just looked at the entry closer up and without the glare of the overhead light. I see. It looks like some abstract art Satan might have hanging on the walls of his study.

2:29 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Roll up blinds! capitol idea! I have painted over canvases before.

I never frame anything either. I don't like frames.

5:24 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

Letting your imagination run wild is all part of it, whatever medium you chose.

I've never tried pottery, (yet), a mate of mine, he used to make pottery vases that looked like a cunt, on purpose, and in detail - had them for sale in a gallery and all.

With the blinds, I found that putting them on an "internal" frame - from behind - allows them to be easily handled and hung. ( I found a heap of these at the tip as well)

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home