Thursday, January 18, 2007

Spot the dot.
With the little dot map thingy , you can see who has visited your site - well more where they come from, geographically. I'd reckon I can 'see' a few regular commenters. So who are the "other dots" that show up large and don't comment?

Come on, say gooday - I might even be nice to you and not be a sarcastic cunt. (Then again I might not.)

Seems that a few folks out there are having a generally shitty year so far. I've had a few of them,(shitty years, living on the bones of my arse and wits), myself. I have eaten one meal a day for extended periods due to circumstances at times. I have drooled over a not so fresh road kill full of maggots - it tasted ok and the maggots were just more protein (though best to think of as soft rice). I have given my last dollar to another that has needed it more and have had people help me out at times.

I've found that the best way to deal with it is to view it all in perspective. I realised that there is always someone worse off than you are. I remember of seeing a photo once of a fella in some third world shithole, walking through floodwater to his ankles, carrying his 20l plastic food ( the type mayo and stuff comes in). The bucket was split up the side and had been fixed with string, it appeared to carry his wordly possessions. It was probably his best asset and made him rich compared to the fellas walking with him, as they had no buckets and carried thier few ragged possesions in their arms, while he was able to have a free hand and carry more.

I mostly try to look on the positive side of things and think big. I have been to subsidised conferences and had dinner with chairpersons of goverment and private enterprise while not having the price of a coffee in my pocket. A common term I heard was "buckets of money". Do a websearch on government funding available, I did. It was an eye opener, especially if you are, or can, create a not-for-profit organisation.

Over here we have the rock an roll to help out if you are between jobs, sometimes you are expected to work on projects to continue to get payments. Fair enough. Mostly the projects involve exciting shit like painting posts or pulling weeds. I got selected for one once, so rang the head of the organisation organising the work project and laid my idea on him, "yeah i can paint a fucken post or dig a hole, but if you give me a work team I have this idea for a historical preservation project. It should last for about three years and will generate ongoing project work and generate significant local revenue for the local community, hence creating employment in a low employment area. I'll write a comprehensive plan for you as fulfillment of my obligation to the rock an roll. If you decide to go ahead with it and give me a budget, $50 000 pa and a car, I will manage the work groups and get the project completed as per the attached timelines."
Well I wrote the plan but the funding went elsewhere and to date it has not happened. Fucken good practice though and a worthwhile exercise. Or I could of just picked up the shovel or brush.

So anyway, after all that, here are my tips for happiness;
  • be yourself
  • be honest
  • live by your moral code. Allow others to live by theirs.
  • tell it like you see it. if people don't like it, too fucken bad, harden up you soft cunt.
  • tell dickheads to fuck off
  • look folks in the eye
  • unless they are traditional idegenous folks (it'd be bad manners)
  • give a bonecrushing handshake, unless it's a sheila
  • do not trust those who have a limp handshake - fucken dead fish hand cunts, fuck off!!!
  • only do what you want to do
  • try to be nice to other people - unless they are cunts or dickheads
  • if someone malicously accuses you falsly, give them an opportunity to retract
  • if they do not, punch them in the head, hard, and give them the offer again. (repeat as required)
  • have good, true, mates (most of my mates are not what you would call rich, but we all help each other, any time of the day or night)
  • stand by your mates
  • stick up for other cunts as required
  • tell bullshit stories to gossipy cunts and follow the yarn as it does its rounds
  • be extra nice to your neighbors, unless they are cunts.
  • if your neighbors are cunts, make their life miserable till they fuck off or pull their heads in (i once told a neighbor that I was going to rent my house to coons and tell them that the cunt next door hated all black folks, but if they wanted to put him right good on em an here's a flagon of plonk for your housewarming party, invite all your mates - then buy his house cheap and move them out of my house with a demolition order - then build a new one. hehehe)
  • catch the odd surfy (squeal you cunt)
  • and the odd fish
  • or two
  • listen to the sound of the wind, and nothing else, in the remotest of places
  • watch the dawn
  • listen to birds
  • watch the animals
  • study whatever interest takes me at the time
  • shoot cats, pigs, goats and other feral shit
  • watch kangaroos fight, then shoot the loser for tucker. Now that would be a bad day! (for the roo)
So there ya go.

9 Comments:

Blogger Debstar said...

LAUGH.....long and loud and often

5:29 AM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

What is a "flagon of plonk"?

I swear you'd fit right in here with the roughest bunch of loggers & commercial fishermen we have.

8:47 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

sorry I have more... I meant also to say, I like your attitude. :) I also like to keep things in perspective & I've been as down an out as they come( in the good ole USA anyway)
I would add to my list---trust your intuition, but Give everyone the benefit of doubt at least twice. The first time for them, the second time for yourself.

8:57 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

The flagon of plonk, also known as a goony, is a 2.5L glass flagon of the cheapest nastiest wine. (Sometimes they get 'pillows' instead, or petrol, duplicating fluid, spraypaint cans and any other shit they can get thier hands on) Coons seem to love the stuff. They generrally get plastered then run a fuck breaking each other and things around them, being obnoxiuos cunts and stealing what they can, cars are good - (as you do) - A mate of mine was watching them punching on in the park one day, two of them, and while one is getting his head punched in on the ground, the group kids were still just playing with a footy and ran right over to them to get the ball. Didn't bat an eyelid and kept playing.

Going for a drive through the coon areas (sort of a suburb of some towns) is always good for a laugh - you'll retain the memories for a while.

I reckon that you'd probably fit in ok over here too, l>t. Someone that cans stuff would be pretty useful and your attitude also seems to be a healthy one :)

And yes, definately trust your intuition - most people that I pick as a cunt usually are. Also trust your 'sixth sense'.
Laughing should definately be in the list as well. The Darwin Awards always give me a laugh.

12:42 AM  
Blogger little things said...

Wow - who would have thunk crusty old Rackorf would have come up with such a sensitive, brilliant list! :)
My favorites on your list are to listen to the wind in remote places and take good care of your friends.
You fascinate me, Rackorf.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

I think Rackorf is a composite figure ... sort of like a Biblical prophet or Moses ... coming down from Mount Kosciuszko.

While the underlying sentiment of your rules of life are very decent, there seems to be a lot of violence built into it. Maybe that just acknowledges reality but some of its seemed gratuitous. I'm not going to shoot a piglet or a kitten, nor even a baby kangaroo... To what end?

Nor is a 'crushing handshake' isn't exactly the nicest way to meet somebody.

And it has been my experience in life that cursing at people -- and I've done more than a little of that -- typically doesn't get them to say, 'Gee, you have a good point there ... I am a fucken dickhead cunt ...' EVEN IF they are pricks, particularly in actions. Now if they curse or insult you, that's a different story. When this fag came up to me after a night out as I was sitting by myself at McDonalds (yuck) in the gayborhood and said, 'There's no cure for ugly,' well, I turned positively Rackorfian in my response. But no violence. (As it is most people could kick my ass anyway.)

Just sayin'...

Most people don't actually walk around saying to themselves, "HA! I am an evil person..." But I think you acknowledge that when you say allow others to live by their moral code. But that doesn't mean what they believe in, or more importantly, how they act is good. How you get them to see that is problematic at best. Typically you can't change people. Most of the time it is really presumptuous to even try.

As for eating maggots, well... I think I'll take a pass on that one.

From the profoundly sublime to the Freudian weird, I actually dreamed last night that I was in Australia and met you. (Obviously, I've no clue what you look like.) It was in some house in the dusty bush country. For some reason, the Sun winked out -- as in just shut itself off. No, really.

2:22 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

Little things - Crusty? Old? Well that's nice:( Glad that I fascinate you though:)

Arc - Pigs and cats do a lot of damage to the environment so I will happily shoot them, roo's I will only shoot for tucker if there are a glut of them around. A bone crushing handshake is good, even better when there is popping noises from both parties, hands,(generally prior to smiling), it is a sign of character.
I hope your sun going out dream wasn't a premonition.

1:30 PM  
Blogger little things said...

Crusty is a good word, Rackorf, in my book!

7:22 AM  
Blogger rackorf said...

I'm glad to be crusty then :)

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home