Saturday, April 26, 2008















Two and a half weeks off. Starting two days ago, and since spent getting the battle truck serviced, batteries charged and loading up with with supplies (mostly beer).

On Tuesday, I head north. It'll be the first trip in about 13 years that my little black mate won't be with me to stand guard at night.















Nooft the guard dog on a cold morning. (The lazy cunt never collected any wood for the fucking fire).

















The old boy died peacefully last week after a fucking good innings and an illustrious career around town including;
  • dodging the shire rangers for over thirteen years, who despite their best efforts, were unable to ever place him in custody or corner him. He used his bush skills to good reward and always managed to get back behind the gate then proceed to bail them up and not let them in. They also never knew his real name, as when he had to be registered, he gave his name as "Just Fucking Dog", which the receptionist recorded as "Dog" 'cause she was a typical sort of shire office anal cunt that couldn't bring herself to accept the name he gave.
  • Free range dog. He set the rules early on in the piece when he once fucked off on his own holiday for about six weeks, when he did not come home. After that it was - ok you made the rules - I'm fucking off for a bit see ya later. And he'd look after himself till I got home.
  • Rooting most of the bitches in town. Sometimes taking over the owners yard for a while resulting in an impressive line up of new contenders to continue the role of town dog.
  • Having two crossed sticking plasters put over a 1cm deep 4cm long wound in his foreleg (from fighting his doggy mates) and being told to fucken leave it alone, and he did. For the six days I was away. I took them off when I got home and the wound was knitted nicely
  • Biting any cunt that deserved it. (Looking at him, speaking too loud, flinching when nipped, walking on our side of the road, trying to pat him)
  • Never biting me despite me giving him shit all the time (sneaking up and grabbing his ear when sleeping, giving him a leg bone - then taking it back a few times)
  • Never shitting in the yard or chewing up my stuff
All in all, a fucken top dog.

He's resting now, next to his grandmother in a mates paddock near a dam, where they share a fig tree.

RIP Nooft.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rackie, i'm sorry for your loss

x

10:26 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

thanks kitty - he had a fucken good time while he was here though!!

4:38 AM  
Blogger travistee said...

Aw, Rackie, I'm sorry. I know you loved your little black friend. Enjoy your trip.

3:51 PM  
Blogger fingers said...

Sorry for your loss, mate...I bet you had some great trips together.
Still, if you can't handle outliving your pets, you need to either harden the fuck up...or get an elephant.
Have a fine holiday...

3:31 AM  
Blogger rackorf said...

Yeah we had some good times but when ya numbers up, that's it. You just move on.

Talking about elephants - did you'se see the pissed cunt that hassled one in India or somewhere and ended up with pissing it off that much that it chucked a wobbly - ended up killing three cunts Not a good idea. What a dickhead.

Good on ya Ravi,(um...probably not his real name), ya pissed fuck head TAXI!!!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Aw what a lovely post. Brought a tear to my eye.

Gonna get another? I'm sure there is a little fella out there at the RSPCA just hanging for a good man as his owner.

Save him from the gas chambers!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Regulus said...

I'm sorry, Rackorf, to hear about this. I know you loved him and he gve you a lot of companionship over the years.

Regulus (It's me, Arcturus, with a new star name.)

8:12 AM  
Blogger travistee said...

Are you ever coming back...?

12:27 PM  
Blogger travistee said...

Since you're back...isn't it time for an update?
What happened on the vacay?

4:12 PM  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Hi Rackorf, I hope you're okay. Haven't heard from you. I can only presume that you're busy as all hell, but when your last post in April is about your dearly departed mate, it's kinda natural to think you're really sad or something.

Drop by and say hi, eh?

xx

12:00 AM  
Blogger Regulus said...

You still alive, Rackorf? It's been two months since you updated your blog (it's July 1).

8:30 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

No need to worry, as the lovely miss smack deduced I'm as busy as fuck.

Apart from that...

I actually brought a new camera for the trip up north. Wouldn't ya know it - when I got home I realized that all the flicks are over 1 meg each - which kinds of fucks the show for posting them using dial up...

So you'se cunts'll just have to wait until the comms improve (it's coming) to see photos of camels and dead goats and all sorts of other shit that happened on my trip.

Until then I'll try and drop by and lift the fucking tones of ya blogs a bit :)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Thank god for that. I thought I'd have to send you Chopper's link to 'Harden the Fuck Up"

*smooch*

Looking forward to the dead camel pics. I've eaten camel you know, it's quite tasty! :)

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home