Monday, March 10, 2008


Well there are some interesting times to be had at times ay!

Like when your MD flies over with his main hatchet man and, in between discussing the weather with folks at work, tells them that the WA part of our national operations is being sold. And so are they. In the next month or so.

Now I'm surrounded by glum cunts - most of whom are working to pay the mortgage and all the other shit that they can buy with the glorious dollar. I'm lucky in that I don't owe anyone fuck all and having previously been 'retired' for ten years on the good ol' rock an roll found that I quite enjoyed doing my own thing and can survive on fuck all. Money has no hold on me, which is good, as it means that no other cunt has control of me either.

However, the plot thickens. Apparently I'm a corporate asset and I'm not getting sold at market like the rest of the folks. I just won't have an office to go to anymore.

Howdya fucken be. Looks like I'll be working from home - what a cunt.

In the meantime, I can feel a fishing trip up north coming on soon. I'll just have to wait until after all the easter tourist cunts have done their thing and pissed off back to work.

That'll give me time to do some running repairs and a few more modifications to the battle ute and get the fucker ready for action. This time it's getting sassed up with;
  • new suspension, (she's getting saggy in the arse end)
  • shockies, (while I'm fucking around with it)
  • air locker front diff, (so I can get myself into deeper shit)
  • hi-lift jack, (to help out a bit when I get in the shit)
  • a winch, (a turfor for now - to get me out of even deeper shit)
  • third battery, (in case the piss fridge battery goes flat)
  • and a solar panel - to run the fridge battery and thus ensure a supply of cold piss for many days. Like if I really get in shit in the back blocks of nowhere)
The way the price of fucking petrols going, travel holidays will soon be a thing of the past, so the sooner I get a couple of hundred acres and become a fucking hermit the better. Then I can obtain a few horses for getting around on. (You'd have to have a few 'cos the cunts are pretty fucken unreliable at times.)

I should be able to get a few for fuck all through posting a "horsey retirement home" add in the Quokka or somewhere. I may even be able to charge rent.

Luckily, as I don't intend to race the nags or win shows or anything, if one gets damaged I can still get $5.95 a kilo for the fucker.

I saw a property the other day that looked good in some aspects. Ten thousand acres. For 150k. In the Gascoyne region. It's the right sort of size and would be fucking spectacular in wild flower season - but I kind of like trees...

6 Comments:

Blogger Arcturus said...

Sweet. And congrats, Mr. Rackorf. That entry ALMOST suggests you actually are an office drone in a cubicle in a Sydney skyscraper with a flare for writing like you're a cross between Crocodile Dundee and The Man From Snowy River.

Maybe I can come visit you on your 10 billion hectare dude ranch in the scrub brush country and you can take me on some rugged Outback outdoor vacation ... well, scratch that as I'd probably end dead.

But if you are going to be working from home, and getting even more misanthropic and reclusive, it means you'll have time to check out my blog more often. Yay.

P.S. I love having lots of trees around, too.

6:07 PM  
Blogger fingers said...

I'd kill to see Arcy's trip to Rack's dude-ranch.
It'd be like the road trip from 'As Good As It Gets'...

9:28 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

An office drone!! A fucking cubicle!! Fuck that you rude cunt - I get my own office.

Heh. A road trip with Arc and Fingers out to the farm. That could be kind of fun.

We all know what a cunt fingers is, and, as I can be a bit of a cunt at times as well so I'm told, I'd imagine that we could sort of do a cunt boot camp for Arc. We should get him trained up nicely and able to converse with the finest company, such as exploration drillers and the local friendly happy indigenous population after a couple of months.

I haven't seen "as good as it gets", is it anything like "Wolf Creek"? (Now that was a rollicking good time adventure movie - geez I miss the bush at times.)

12:12 AM  
Blogger Arcturus said...

Now I'm really confused.

Maybe EITHER Fingers or Rackorf would do a "Heart and Soul" karaoke duet with me - think "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" -- in a nasty trashy bar in Alice Springs.

10:31 PM  
Blogger travistee said...

Okay boys, no road trips without me. It wouldn't be the same without a woman's touch.
"As Good As It Gets" had a woman on the trip...

2:48 PM  
Blogger rackorf said...

OK then you can come, get on the back of the ute with Arc.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home