Friday, December 02, 2005

spinning dolphins

went on my usual, and made as often I can, pilgrimage to the ocean to catch a few delectable fresh fish for tea.. and got a few nice herring...cooked them up as fillets done with laksa leaf, giant garlic, ginger, oregano, one basil leaf, sun flower seed, baby carrots, silverbeat, a few,(well maybe a few more too), kingprawns, juice of a lemon and heaps of snowpeas...(all the vegies and fruit from the patch!! and aren't they sweet)...my version of stirfry is more simmer than fry..bit of olive oil in the pan..chuck everything in..(carrots first)..add water- 1/4 cup or so...one dash of salt ...cook for about the time it takes to boil 2 1/2 hands of rice..(scoff the lot and adopt a state of repose)..
the new thing that i saw today though, was the dolphins and the way that they were hunting..these were swimming upside down and, ( i suppose), looking down for fish...today there was about 12 or so of them, mums, dads and calfs...one of the male, (i can only guess at that) , dolphins was quite confrontational with me at first and would pop up when my back was turned and 'swoosh' up to the rocks then give me the "eyeball" before ducking off again...this fella was missing the top third of the dorsal fin tip..curved out in a perfect arc of a circle,, probably from a boat propellor..i'd be dirty on people too if i was him
anyway I gave them their space when they wanted to fish and the fella with the fin kept checking me out more.. he finished up slapping his tail twice , looking at me .. then cruised off with his family..i felt like we had established a relationship and mutual respect...I'll look out for my dolphin friend and see if he recognises me again..(can't miss him with his fin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home