Sunday, November 13, 2005

sunday..(at last)

summer draws closer ...just as I have to go up the bush...nice one..first trip is up to Leinster..- arsehole of nowhere...no real trees..no real water..hundreds of k's of gibber rock and scrubby mallee bush...heaps of flys...heaps of kiwis..I'll have to practice my accent so that all the kiwi's there can understand me..."choice bro..luts put sum puss in tha chully bun ay...ya bro, ya'd be a duckhud nut too".. 'bout a week of that place'll do me thanks ..at least I'll be out the middle of nowhere.
I was driving trucks around this area, and the rest of the state, 20 or so years ago...at Lawlers it wasn't uncommon for me to get eight or so flat tyres a day..due to the amount of old metal from the early days laying around..got pretty good at changing tyres..but mostly ended up with sheer admiraton for the character of the men that pushed wheel barrows up here from Perth, decided that "this" is the place to dig a gold mine, and off they go...the landscape is full of old holes..chiselled down through solid rock..
I reckon that I could survive in this country if I had to ..it probably would'nt be a real pleasant time though as the country is pretty hard...so mostly when I go up this way I have nothing but a sense of awe of the survival skills of the aboriginals that have inhabited and lived in harmony with the land for thousands of years ..or rather used too..It makes my soul weep to see the loss of knowledge of land and culture that is occurring as 50000 years of collective information is lost through lack of interest and the seductive siren call of the welfare state..the proliferation of american basketball "69" ect singlets and embracement of rapper shit, petrol sniffing and general substance abuse..it makes me despair ..what must the remaining guardians of the language and land be feeling with no-one to pass the knowledge to

1 Comments:

Blogger rackorf said...

how to repair a road bicycle, on interest free credit...what an absolute wanker you must be..if ya can't fix a treadley fer less than five bucks you must be fucked in the head..fuck off you cunt.
Wealthy you can fuck off too.. and rashguard cunt, stick your fucking rashguards up ya arse then you can fuck off as well you cunt.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home